Monday, March 18, 2013

Blissful Weekend

Monday again? No thank you! :(.
I love weekends for the hours of opportunity to be crafty. This weekend K really got my craft on! ;)

It started Saturday. I met my best friend at an antique mall halfway between our two cities. We had a great time looking at the treasures and catching up. I was a little strapped for cash so I had to extremely limit myself. Good thing I didn't really spot any "must haves"! Other than the few items pictured below. :). That awesome flower fabric is a simply delicious retro apron that I'm currently embroidering with a saucy pin up girl! A new album, hand knitted dishcloth, and a sweet little special needs brass mouse(he's missing his tail).

After our shopping we had lunch at a little cafe where we also did some crafting. I finished the cute little owl pillowcase!

Yesterday, I was feeling really exhausted. So after my trip to the laundromat and grocery store, I headed home for some R&R! I decided Bliss needed a new dress. Yes, she had one on the way but overseas shipping takes forever and I'm not a patient gal! So I whipped up this little Spring frock for her! I finally put to use the floral fabric my sister sent me from Japan, specifically for this purpose! I think it turned out very well. I'm definitely improving!

Late last night I started knitting a dress for her as well. Although I think I need to scrap it and get smaller needles. ;)

Hope you all had a great weekend!













1 comment:

  1. You're so cute...R&R should really be S&K to you....sewing and knitting :)

    Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)