Saturday, February 2, 2013

Time To Change

The blogging world has been talking about a "word of the year" lately.  I like the idea of choosing a word (or having a word choose you) to sum up what you want to bring to your life in the upcoming year.  

I didn't choose my word, rather it found me.  


I've been a follower of the Goddess for a long time.  It's not something I announce to the world, I tend to keep my beliefs private unless surrounded by like minded (or non-judgemental) people.  So I guess I'm taking a big step by sharing with you all on my blog.  
:)

As I said before, this word found me.  I think the Goddess was prompting me to be more open and receptive in my life.  I hope to develop a closer relationship with her in this new year.  I also want to embrace the idea that the Goddess also dwells within.  I am a Goddess in my own right.  I want to look in the mirror and see the beauty rather than the flaws.  I want my inner Goddess to shine through when I care for my animal friends.  I want to share her love with the people in my life.  

I feel that today is a good day to state my intent as it is also Imbolc (which I will explain in my next post).  This is a time of change.  Of clearing out the old to make room for the new.  

Laura, over at RootsandFeathers is making me a beautiful custom prayer flag featuring my word.  It will be similar to these:

I'm very excited about this year.  I know change can be big and sometimes scary.  I'm already facing a rather huge change in June, with my upcoming marriage.  I am ready to see what 2013 has in store!  

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you're joining us public "earthy" folk ;). It's a really big step and I commend you! I hope you'll find there are plenty of fabulous like-minded folks that blog too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)