Sunday, January 27, 2013

Beware Pickpockets and Loose Women

In my last post I mentioned my intention to decoupage a coffee table for my living room makeover.  Well the process is underway!  I spent some time this morning placing orders for the things I will need.  

Starting with this table from Ikea.  I must admit I'm kicking myself for giving away a perfectly serviceable Ikea table a few years ago, just because I was tired of it.  Oh well, this one is a bit more festive in design and I think it will look great with the teal sofa!  

Next, I had to find a source for pinup girl photos.  My first thought was calendars...but the photos would have been too large.  Then I perused Amazon for pinup girl books...but shuddered at the thought of tearing up books.  Then I came across JUNKMILL on Etsy.  Yes, Etsy has come through for me once again!  I purchased these lovely ladies!  They run small too...less than 2 inches...so perfect for my 16" wide tabletop.


Then I decided I wanted something very tongue in cheek.  That's when I saw JUNKMILL'S listing for these WWII Prostitution Propaganda Posters.  Oh....how fun!  I'm going to intersperse these in among the pinup girl photos.  My favorite is "Beware Pickpockets and Loose Women"!  


This is going to be such a fun endeavor!  Plus, under $80 for a custom made coffee table?  Priceless!  ;)
I'll be sure to post photos once it's done...


2 comments:

  1. LOOOOVEEEE these! So saucy! Can't wait to see how this turns out. Can't STAND plain Ikea furniture and so happy to see you're using it as a base for your creativity and not a finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big fan of Ikea either. Hopefully this turns out well!

      Delete

I love to hear from you! :)