Saturday, December 29, 2012

Wedding Decisions...

June will be here before I know it!  I can't believe how time flies when you are trying to plan a wedding.  
I think my main problem is indecisiveness.  I see so many great things that I want to incorporate into my wedding and I have a tough time narrowing it down!   I haven't even made a final decision on my invitations.  Actually months ago, I ordered a template from an artist on Etsy but then P and I changed our venue...so back to the drawing board.  Lol.  Now I no longer want my original choice (too bad...it would've been so easy to contact the artist and just order it again...with the changed local)!  I made another choice with a cute little owl on it...but now I'm thinking it might be more economical to just purchase the invitations ready made as opposed to doing it myself (with the help of Kinkos)!  

My big decisions (dress, venue, cake, musician, etc) are already made thank goodness.  I should be happy with that! :)  

I came across these super cute cake/cupcake toppers on Etsy.  I can't believe the adorableness!  I'm actually considering ordering the 2nd picture down (the owls).  I love that it's crafty and handmade and NON TRADITIONAL.  I really am not a huge fan of weddings...all the solemn ceremonies...it bores me to tears.  That's why I'm hoping to make mine as much fun a possible!  

Handmade?  Yes!
Kitschy?  Yes!!
Fun?  Yes!!!





We're getting married at a castle.  I know you're thinking "trite fairytale wedding", right?  
Wrong!  It's actually taking place outside in a wooded clearing.  Nature is so important to both of us, it only makes sense to tie the knot outside.  


My dress arrived this week!  After waiting over 2 months for it, needless to say I was pretty excited.  I tried it on and did not want to take it off!  :)  
The great thing about this dress is that I will actually wear it again...and again...and again.  It's the perfect festival dress!  :)


2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous castle! Did you see Rachel's wedding from www.phoenixra.blogspot.com? She did a traditional handfasting ceremony and had the loveliest, most bohemian reception, I'm sure you'd love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)