Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thoughts

Hello all!  Hope you're having a lovely weekend!  Today I am spending some time with one of the families that I used to nanny for.  It will be a kick to see how much the kids have grown!  I'm hoping my little guy still remembers me!  I loved him as if he were my own.  Being a nanny has plenty of positives but one huge negative, and that's when you leave them for good.  :(  
Thankfully, I've been lucky enough to stay in touch with most of the families that I have worked with.  
Another plus about this visit?  She's making Indian food!  Oh, how I've missed her cooking.  Thanks to my time with her, I picked up many recipes and techniques that I now employ in my own kitchen.  Still, hers are the best!  :)

I'm having a bit of a "down" day.  Seems like everything has been going wrong today.  I'm trying not to let it get to me but that's easier said than done!  Hopefully seeing the kids will pull me out of this funk.  

So I made a little creature a few days ago.  She started out as a skunk but I think she actually looks more cat like now.  Maybe a skunk/cat hybrid?  A "skat" (haha)?  Or a "cunk"?  I'm not good at this game.  
What do you think?  Skunk?  Cat? A mythological forest creature?  ;)


One last thing before I go!  My friend Cameron over at Paint Myself Pretty is having an awesome giveaway.  The lucky winner will get 50% off something in her Etsy shop.  Check it out here!  
Good luck!  :)   



4 comments:

  1. Maybe a fox?

    I hope seeing their happy faces and the smell of familiar, yummy food will perk you right up!

    Thanks for mentioning the Giveaway, too :)

    Biggest hugs for you, my friend, on a blah day.....i'm snuggled under a granny quilt with you, drinking chai lattes and watching some funny chick flick with you....in spirit :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cameron! Seeing the kids did help. Have a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little creature! Great creation.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)