Saturday, November 24, 2012

Holiday

How was your Thanksgiving?  
Mine was rather quiet, but nice.  My parents came for a visit but sadly my sister couldn't make it (living in Japan makes it difficult to get home for the holidays)!  
We had a yummy vegan feast.  
Field Roast Celebration Roast
Roasted Asparagus
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Le Sueur Peas
Apple Stuffing
and 
Pumpkin Pie (not pictured).


My Mom got a new puppy!  She brought her along!  I am so in love with this little dog!  :)  


She doesn't have a name yet.  Although Suki is on the table!  I think she looks like a Matilda but Mom hates it!  ;)


I don't really do Black Friday.  I'm not a fan of crowds, cold weather, or getting out of bed before the sun.  I ventured out to the fabric store in the afternoon.  It was still rather crowded....but doable!  I stocked up on some lovely new fabric.  My favorite is the sunflowers on the left...so cheerful!  



 Last night I put up my holiday tree!  I love pine trees...the smell has already filled my home!  :)  So far none of the kitties have attempted to climb the tree.  We'll see how long that lasts!  

I need more ornaments.  I bought four this year...but it's not enough!  I made a few more last night...some of my stuffed trees and a couple of hearts.  I may have to do some Etsy shopping today!  ;) 





Tibet and Spike admiring the tree:



I'm not completely done with my decorating...but it's a start!



When will you put up your tree?  :)  

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing vegan Thanksgiving feast! Great job. Now it's time for holiday spirit after Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)