Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weekend In The Hills


P and I took an impromptu trip to Hocking Hills last weekend.  We rented a cabin, loaded the dogs in the car, and off we went!  We arrived rather late Friday night.  Just enough time for dinner and catching up.  We had a visitor in the form of the biggest dog I've ever seen!  He was part black lab and part horse.  :)  He was super friendly and wanted to play fetch.  He picked up a fallen tree LIMB (note I said limb and not branch...it was huge)!  He started carrying it around the yard bumping into us as he did so.  I think the limb was at about 5 feet long!  He brought it to me and dropped it at my feet, inviting me to throw it.  Hahaha!  It was pretty funny.  I wish I would've had my camera.  Silly dog!  :)  

Saturday we drove to a nearby metro park for some hiking fun.  We took along Lola (my chihuahua) and after much searching finally found a trail that didn't prohibit dogs.  We did a mile hike and saw so many pretty views.  








This millipede was so interesting!  I got to touch him and he even crawled on me a bit.  P wouldn't come near.  Apparently he doesn't like bugs!  


On our way back we saw the funniest sign!  


Hope you all have a great week!  :)  

3 comments:

  1. AWWW I love that picture at the end of your post.Look like I could use a walk in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice weekend! Time with your Honey is time well spent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vote Lawless for sheriff! Cute! I can only hope that's really a real sign, and that's really the gentleman's name. Brilliant. Beautiful photos. I've found a real obsession with oak leaves this Fall... I'm not sure why!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)