Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ramblings...

I've been a total blogging slacker lately!  No excuses really other than just not having anything to say.  :)  My life has been rather mundane lately.  I haven't been crafting much. I've basically been snuggled in bed with a book or watching marathon movies.  The change in the weather and the shorter days always has this effect on me!  I call it my "hibernation mode".  

So I've made a big decision.  Big for me anyway.  I've decided that this is the year I will take part in NaNoWriMo!  For those of you who aren't familiar, NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month.  The purpose is to get people to write (anything...even if it's crap...while silencing your inner critic) and to commit to writing at least a 50,000 word novel during the month of November.  Ambitious, I know.  Especially for someone like me, with extremely limited free time.  I'm going to need to write 1,667 words per day!  I wouldn't have bat an eyelash at this when I was younger.  I used to write constantly from the time I hit 4th grade.  I got away from it in my late twenties.  Life just got in the way, I guess.  
So I'm pretty excited to give this a try!  I even roped my fiance into participating!  :)  

Ok...so on to the pictures!  Here's some cute, rather large mushrooms I found this week.  I just love them!  


I've been baking and cooking again.  I tend to survive on salads and cereal during the week...but on the weekends, I'm a slave to the kitchen!  

Yummy lentils!


Sourdough pancakes with apple cinnamon syrup...


Sourdough bread dough...


I've been hard at work on this guy.  I've logged about 7 or 8 hours so far.  Embroidery sure is a time consuming hobby!  The sad thing is, I still have the matching pillowcase to do! How much would you be willing to pay for a set of embroidered pillowcases?  I've been having a hard time researching this because the range that people charge on Etsy seems to vary so much.  Also, keep in mind that part of my sale has to go to Sublime Stiching as part of my contract  with them.  :)  

4 comments:

  1. Your embroidery looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's finally starting to cool down here....I've been craving bread and sweets like crazy! Haha! That must be my "Fattening Up For The Winter" Mode ;P

    Oooo, how neat you're going to write a novel! That's incredible!

    Embroidered pillowcases...*sigh* I love mine! $35-40 a pair, maybe? I think everyone knows how time consuming HAND embroidery is...you are not a machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that is quite ambitious! I say so because I could never write 50,000 words in a month. As for your pillow cases, I'd say it depends on the design and how long it takes. Hourly rates are rarely achieved on etsy... but I think 30 as a starting point sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent $6 on the pillowcases and about $6 in patterns and floss. Total of 20 hours of embroidering.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)