Sunday, September 23, 2012

Say It Aint Sunday!

Sunday already.  Hum bug!  I don't know about you all but Sunday is the day I spend dreading Monday!  Especially this Sunday because I am coming down with a cold or something.  
I cancelled my ukulele lesson this morning and stayed in bed til one!  
I eventually dragged myself out of bed so I could make this dress for Bliss.  I also attempted an apron but quickly got fed up.  I'll wait til I'm feeling better to attempt something new.  :)  



I had a few half off coupons for Jo-Ann's fabric store, so I decided to finally break down and get one of these thread organizers!  No more digging through a basket to find the thread I need!  :)  


Zoe spent some time snuggling with me this morning.  She's such a sweet dog.  It's funny that we have this amazing bond because when she first came into my life I honestly didn't know if "we" were going to work.  She was destructive (tore open a brand new couch...I came home to "snow" all over the living room), had horrible separation anxiety, and was not house trained even though she was 9 months old when she came to live with me!  On top of all that she had obviously been abused at some point in her life.  She was very skittish and if you made any sudden moves she would tuck her tail and cower.  It was pathetic and so sad.  
We stuck it out through the rocky times and now over 8 years later we are perfect for each other!  I can tell you one thing though...I will never have another puppy or young dog.  They have way too much energy for me.  From here on out, it's senior dogs for me!  :)  


My beautiful problem child, Spike.  He started out his life as a purrfect little kitty.  Recently he has become extremely picky about his litter box.  If it isn't fresh (meaning just changed), he will show his displeasure by using the floor instead!  Good thing I love him!!!  



One of my spoils from my thrifting adventures yesterday.  Sketchers boots...they are a lovely autumn inspired corduroy fabric and lined with plush black fur (not animal fur...think teddy bear fur...haha).  Very comfy!  
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Those shoes are adorable...and Bliss's wardrobe will soon be larger than yours! haha!

    I hope you fight your cold off quickly and feel better soon :)

    More kitty purrs and puppy snuggles should do the trick ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog and cat are just precious! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)