Saturday, September 1, 2012

Insert Catchy Title Here

Bliss got a bit of a makeover this week!  Notice anything different?  


She's gone blonde!!!  Not permanently, it's just a wig.  She just kept hearing that blondes have more fun and wanted to test that theory!  

She also felt that it was time to add to her wardrobe.  So it was up to me to either empty my wallet or attempt making her something.  So I put the patterns I purchased last week to good use.  I'm not typically a pattern type of gal (I prefer to wing it) but I thought I'd give it a go!  Here it is:


Not too shabby for my first try.  The bodice is lined and it snaps in the back!  I made a few little mistakes but they were easily concealed with the addition of the funky belt!  Practice makes perfect...I'll keep at it until I rock these dresses.  ;)


I love the color and flower print!  I went a little crazy at the fabric store yesterday.  I just couldn't help myself...I was like a kid in a candy store!  Fabric is my downfall.  :)  Bliss doesn't mind...she knows she will reap the benefits!  


 So I started my ukulele lessons last Sunday.  I'm a complete novice when it comes to music.  Never had lessons as a kid or anything like that.  I have no clue on how to read music.  So totally starting from scratch!  The first lesson was mainly just talking with my instructor.  He showed me a few things and told me to review during the week. Which I have...about 30 to 45 minutes each night.  I'm still feeling really clueless about a lot.  Hopefully after tomorrows lesson, it will be better!  
I simply adore my little uke case!  


Enjoy your long weekend (if you are lucky enough to get one)!  :)  I know I will!!!  



4 comments:

  1. We'll have to do a fabric swap. It'd be nice to have some new fun bits to work with :)
    So, is Blythe having more fun as a blonde?
    Just wondering if all the hype is true....haha!

    That uke case is totally cute! What a cool thing to be learning, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fabric swap does sound fun! :) Let me know when you want to do it.

      Delete
  2. Lol. Do you want to swap a certain # of fat quarters or just say any variety of fabric totalling a yard....or something else?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)