Monday, August 6, 2012

Blythe Bliss

When I arrived home from my weekend cabin trip, I saw that I had a notice from the post office for a registered package.  I was a bit sad that I had missed the delivery of my Blythe but at the same time happy that they didn't just leave her on the porch where she would have probably been taken (I don't have the greatest neighbors).  
This morning I rushed to the post office first thing to pick up my package.  I had to practice patience because I went to the laundromat right after the post office (two birds with one stone and all that).  After the laundry was all folded, I rushed home and found that while I was out the mailman delivered my Blythe dress from Germany!  Good timing!  :)  


This is what I found when I opened the box:


I will admit I felt a bit teary eyed when I saw my very first Blythe in person!  She was bigger and more beautiful than I expected!  I'm goofy...I know.  ;)  


This is the cute little dress I found on Etsy!  The picture doesn't do it justice.  It's absolutely adorable.  

I knew that the original Blythe from back in the 70's had a string attached to the back of her head that allowed you to change eye color and position.  What I didn't know was that the Neo Blythe's have the same thing!  So that was a rather nice surprise.  :)  

Here she is with green eyes...



Blue...

Wine Red...

There's also an orange colored eye...but I forgot to snap a picture!  Honestly I'm not a huge fan of that color...it's a bit creepy looking.  

So here she is styling in her pretty little sundress!



Hippie girl playing her ukulele!  I love the little flower headband!  



She's such a photogenic doll.  I can tell I'm going to have fun with her.  :)  


Meet Bliss!  Nice hippie name, don't you think?  ;)


3 comments:

  1. Now I want a Blythe!!!! omgoodness so lovely. I see why they are so popular. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I think it's the start of a new addiction for me! Lol.

      Delete
  2. Ooo, I didn't know they changed eye color....what a neat way to match her outfits...heehee :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)