Friday, August 3, 2012

Bitten By The Blythe Bug

I've always thought Blythe dolls were fun but it wasn't until a few years ago that I actually wanted one. Why?  Well, because they came out with a hippie Blythe!  :)  Of course, back then I couldn't afford her but I dreamed about the day that I could.  Well that day has come!  I ordered Bohemian Peace a week ago!  She's coming all the way from Hong Kong so I have no idea how long of a wait I'll have (although I can tell you that it's already been too long).  As you can see, I'm a very impatient girl.  :)  



I love that she comes with a ukulele.  Why?  Because I'm starting uke lessons this month.  ;)  

I didn't just stop at the doll.  I also ordered the cutest little dress for her from blythemaniac on Etsy.  


This dress is coming from Germany....so again I have to practice patience!  ;)  

I've been scouring the internet learning as much as I can about Blythe.  I really love the amazing photography that's out there.  Like this:


and this:

I've also kept an eye out for DIY Blythe clothes.  I think I will definitely be making many of her clothes b/c of how expensive they are.  I spent more on that one tiny little dress than I would on a dress for myself!  So if I'm capable, I will make probably 90% of her clothes myself.  

I found some cute tutorials here:

Here's an example.  Sweet, right?  


I'm heading out for a mini-vaca.  I'll fill you all in on the details (with pics) soon!  'Til then...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Heather....that Hippie Blythe is a mini version of you! Too fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)