Saturday, June 9, 2012

Time Well Spent

I've had the past few days off, which has been blissful!  I love getting to be at home!  :)  
Yesterday, I met my Mom and cousin in  Hocking Hills for some antique retail therapy.  For once in my life, I didn't find a million things I wanted.  ;)  I came away with one hankie (which I will be crafting into something new and useful) and a set of pillowcases (the ones on the right...the butterfly ones came from a recent thrift store trip).    I had so much fun spending quality time with my family.  I'm hoping we can do that again soon!  Living over 2.5 hours from my nearest relative means I don't get to see them as often as I would like!  


I made a dress!  My very first one since I took a sewing class in high school!  Not too shabby!  :)  


Here are two little sweeties who recently came to live at my house. The orange kitty is Sunshine.  Isn't she cute?  The striped one is Picard. 


They are playful, silly and sweet!  



How are you spending your weekend?  

6 comments:

  1. Aaaww . . . every time I see sweet kitties, I get the mama urge - I want another one :) I won't get one, though - I already have too many furry kids in my house.

    My weekend is filled with crafts, shop orders, design team work & cleaning up the backyard. (Weeds, they are everywhere!)

    Happiness :)
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling Corrinne! My house is full of fur kids as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your dress and I love your new babies! There is nothing like baby kittens. For me life without my furry cat friends would be so empty. There is just so much love in a home with cats! I had a great time with you, Mandy, and Cole on Friday. We really need to get together more often. We definitely will when Kelly comes for a visit next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress! AND yummy lovely sweety pie muffin kittens. AH! Kittens are just the best thing in the world.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)