Saturday, June 30, 2012

Relaxing weekend?

This weekend was supposed to be a relaxing and fun time at a cabin in the woods.  We arrived after the area had been hit with a bad storm and the power was out at the cabin.  Luckily, I was a Girl Scout many moon ago and came prepared with a battery operated lantern on the off chance that this would happen.  So we settled into the cozy little cabin and pretended we were pioneers.  Lol.  


Friday night we spent quite a bit of time on this swing, enjoying the lightning bugs.  There must have been hundreds!  


Here's an interior shot of the "cabin".  After the electricity came back on around midnight, we settled on the couch for a movie.  At one point, I looked down at myself and saw a worm/caterpillar/thing crawling out of my cleavage.  Eek!  I'm not normally girly about bugs but that freaked me out!  Shudder.  

After the movie, I went up to the loft to explore.  On the way back down I fell down the stairs!  I have no idea how it happened.  One minute my feet were under me, the next they weren't and I went down hard!  I ended up in a pile at the foot of the stairs crying my eyes out.  Injury wise, I guess I got off easy.  I hurt my back, scraped up one arm, and managed to stove two fingers....one of which also has blood under the fingernail.  So. Not. Cool.  


The next morning, my friend had a family emergency so we ended up having to leave just 15 hours after arriving.  Again, not cool...but what are you going to do?  At least we had one fun night (other than the staircase incident).  

Here's a view of the lovely creek that ran in front of the cabin.  I soooo wanted to go wading...


A lovely lane for walking...


And a kitten update!  Here's little Sheldon.  I'm at a loss as to what to do with him.  He doesn't know how to use the litter pan!  He keeps doing his business on my carpet.  It's so gross...I keep putting him in his pan but so far he hasn't gone once!
Any suggestions?  

:

My sweet little Sunshine all curled up for a nap...


Picard, winking at the camera!  


Such sweet little faces!  



2 comments:

  1. Ahhh poor you! That sucks, especially when you're looking forward to something and everything ends up going wrong. I can't offer much advice on wee Sheldon, just sympathy. Cat pee has got to be one of the worst smells to get out of things... Hope your aches and pains heal soon! And Mr. Sheldon starts using proper facilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More kittens! It is kitty madness :)
    I don't know what to offer about Shel....we have one that has to live the rest of her days in the garage cuz she pees and poos where she feels like it....but she is 13, not a kitten :(

    I'm so sorry to hear of your fall! I hope all is good again and all scrapes and bruises are long gone by now. What a cute little cabin that was, though :)

    Missed you,
    Cam

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)