Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rag Wreath

Everywhere I turn I see tutorials on DIY rag wreaths.  I love the way they look so I thought I would give it a go!  


Luckily I have a huge stash of red based fabric.  So I decided that would be my predominant color.  I used my handy rotary cutter and cut A TON of fabric strips.  I didn't bother to measure...I'm not very particular.  I just made sure I had enough fabric to wrap around the wreath, with a bit left over to give it that "scrappy" look!


I used a bit of red bias tape to create the hanger.  


Here you can see a close up of the fabrics I used:  polka dots, flowers and stripes, oh my!


I can't take all the credit for this awesome wreath.  I had a lot of "help" from Picard!  He had so much fun chasing fabric strips....and at one point he tried to take off with the whole wreath!  Silly kitten!  :)  


5 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this. I bought the wreath form and now to start cutting fabric strips. Yours is so bright and colorful. Most of my fabrics aren't as festive. Oh well, we will see what I come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will look lovely! Post a pic on FB! :)

      Delete
  2. I love rag wreaths too! I had one a couple of christmas ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! But definitely wouldn't have the patience to make one. I don't have MUCH patience these days haha. But all I can think of is a Christmas themed one... maybe I will have to try this when that season comes around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly didn't take that long. I did it while watching tv! Definitely one of my easier/quicker projects...

      Delete

I love to hear from you! :)