Sunday, June 3, 2012

Patchwork Bliss

I love patchwork.  I love patchwork even more when it's attached to jeans.  So imagine my pleasure when I finally found a tutorial that wasn't insanely difficult to understand!  See what I mean:

I love when people say "eyeball" it in relation to sewing.  I hate measuring so I knew this was the tute for me!  ;)  

Here you can see my fabric all sewn together...


Pinned into the jeans...all ready to sew!  I totally skipped HungryHippie's advice to use Wonder Under.  I didn't have any and didn't want to buy it!  Seems to have worked just fine without it...


As every cat owner knows, you can not sew without help from a furry friend (or two)!  Here Picard examines my work and gives me two paws up for a job well done.  ;)  


One finished leg!  Woo hoo!  I put a cute little daisy button at the top.  See it there?  Of course I added more patches around the knee area...


More patches...


I prettied up the back pockets with some rick rack/lace trim!  


I'm wearing my new jeans right now.  I've already got compliments on them!  Yay!  :)  



3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! They remind me of something I would have worn back in the day. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! I bet you look Fabulous in them, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)