Saturday, May 5, 2012

SSSSSSSay What?

Friday morning I woke up extra early so that I could get my hostas planted before work.  I was reaching for my shovel when I saw this little guy just inches from my hand!  I adore snakes and was so happy to see him.  Usually the only time I see snakes in my yard are when the lawn mower guy accidentally runs one over while mowing.  It was super cool to see an actual live snake!  
I knew this was a garter snake and therefore not poisonous so I gave him a little pet on his back.  He got a little worked up and that's when he started sticking out that cute little tongue.  ;)  
However he tolerated my attentions well and I eventually left him in peace.  I hope my snake friend stays safe far away from the lawn mower!!  :)  





2 comments:

  1. Ooooo, cool sighting! Maggie and I just love spying wild critters in our yard, too! We actually had a roadrunner in our backyard!! Really...in the middle of Suburbia!

    So glad you are well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love snakes! But not touching them or anything haha. In fact I think I'd freak right out if I found one in my grass, since I love to lay a quilt down in the Summer and read on the lawn. What terrifies me more though are moles... enough said about that hahaha! I wish them no harm but they scare the bejesus out of me!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)