Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Stitchin' Good Time!

Good evening, friends!  How was your weekend?  Too short, right? :)
Today I took an Intro to Embroidery class at a local craft store.  This is something I've been wanting to learn for years so needless to say I was pretty excited!  
The teacher gave us an instruction booklet, floss, fabric, hoop and even a pattern to take home.  


We learned the basic stitches such as the blanket stitch, lazy daisy, and the running stitch.  You can see some of my first attempts here...


When I got home I went online and found out how to do the french knot and the pistil stitch.
Then I put the pattern that the teacher gave me to good use.  Here's what I made!  A cute little chihuahua in honor of my sweet chi, Lola!  :)  


I'm excited to buy some patterns!  I found some super cute ones on Etsy.  For example these pinup girls from SewLovelyEmbroidery:  


This one is super cute!  


These little kitties are adorable!  I can't wait to get started!


I think it will be fun to draw some of my own designs as well.  I've actually already started!   ;)  

Don't you just love that feeling you get when you learn a new craft?  



4 comments:

  1. Very fun, Heather! Looks like you're a quick study....cuz that Chi is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've made a few chi's now. Yesterday I drew my own design (a mermaid) and embroidered it. Fun times!

      Delete
  2. Holy cow, you just started!? Wow! The little chihuahua is so cute! Embroidery is such a fun thing. They're like little art pieces on your linens ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)