Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekend Fun

Wow! I can't believe the weekend is nearly over.  Sadness.  I think I am really in need of a vacation because I am feeling so burnt out.  I want time to just focus on my needs...on being creative...on organizing my home...on getting in some kitchen time.  But alas, it's not to be!  At least not for now.  So I will continue to make my weekends count!  :)  

Friday evening I got caught up reading The Forest Of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan.  I simply could not put this book down!  I finished it in one evening.  I'm excited to read her other books and I'm hoping they are just as good!


Last night I read The Hunger Games.  In under 5 hours.  That's how good it was!  I was exhausted and wanted to sleep but I just couldn't do it.  Now I'm on the library waiting list for the next two books.  Sadly I'm like #500!  :(  I may break down and buy the books before then!  


After staying up til 3 a.m reading, I actually managed to sleep in for a change!  That was nice.  I worked on some more things for my Etsy shop including these unicorn bean bags:



and this Goddess Doll:



I tried out a new cookie recipe too.  NYC Black & White Cookies from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.  I didn't take a picture because mine didn't turn out as pretty as hers (but they taste just fine).  


Oh!  Exciting news for me...I sold my first item on Etsy today!  Woo-hoo!  :)  It's a thrilling feeling, knowing someone was willing to pay money for something you made.  

How was your weekend?  


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Hun!!!!
    I'm so happy for you!! Feels incredible doesn't it?!!
    I'm so glad you made a goddess for your shop. I was looking at my goddess banner and thinking you should carry some of those, too. I love mine!

    Huge Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about it! I actually have a few different ideas in the works right now. :)

      Delete
  2. That Goddess doll is AMAZING!!!! I love anything Goddess related. Just the shape, the physical form, is so inspiring to look at. This is beautiful. Your sewing is amazing :) I haven't read The Hunger Games yet but I gather that it's amazing? I never read what everyone is all into at a specific time, and then I pick it up a couple of years later after it's fizzled out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I've been making Goddess dolls for many years now...even taught several workshops on it. It's fun to see all the different ways people like to personalize their dolls.

      I'm usually one of the first to discover awesome new books however I definitely missed out with The Hunger Games.

      Sometimes I get stubborn and refuse to read books that people make a fuss over...like The Da Vinci Code...and then finally break down and read it years later. Lol. So I guess we are alike in that respect!

      Delete

I love to hear from you! :)