Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Nitro's Law (Graphic Picture Alert)

I want to share a cause that's very important to me in the hopes that maybe it will become important to you as well. 

Nitro (before)


Nitro, a rottweiler was brought to a K9 training facility here in Ohio.  The owners believed their precious dog to be safe however that was far from the reality of the situation.  Nitro, along with seven others, were dead.  Starved to death.  The man responsible for these animals was charged with 19 counts of animal cruelty but 15 of those charges were dropped.  He was charged with 4 counts of misdemeanor animal cruelty and only spent four months in jail!

(Nitro After Being Starved To Death)

Nitro's Law HB108 would make animal cruelty like this a FELONY as opposed to just a misdemeanor.  We are working so hard for this to actually become a law.  Over on the Nitro Foundation Facebook page, many of us call our representative to urge him to move this to the floor for a vote.  So far, no luck. But if more people would take the time to call/fax/or email, maybe we could gain his attention. 

So I'm urging you to take a stand for those who can't speak for themselves.  If you live in Ohio call Rep Batchelder  at (614) 466-8140 and tell him that you are a registered voter in the State of Ohio and that Nitro's Law HB108 is very important to you and you would like to know when this bill will be moved to the floor for a VOTE!

If you do not live in Ohio, please take a moment to send an email to him at this address:  district69@ohr.state.oh.us

Don't just do this one time.  Do it every day!  Animal abuse has to stop.  Stiffer penalties need to be put into place. 
Think about it...and then I hope you will act! 
Thanks so much!  :) 



4 comments:

  1. This was really hard to look at... I feel ill right now.
    I am completely sickened that this happened to this once beautiful and healthy dog. I am really just disgusted and have no words. Thank you for drawing attention to this cause but that was incredibly shocking. That was a little too much for me and I understand it's the harsh reality of the situation but wow... I will definitely be emailing your representative. Animals need our protection. Cruelty to animals is seriously the lowest form of human behaviour in my opinion. It is attacking the helpless and pure of heart, and that to me is true evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Jennifer! I should have put a graphic picture warning or something up there!

      It is a horrible travesty that such things are allowed to happen to animals and that the people who do it get by with basically just a slap on the wrist. That is what truly makes me sick.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh....this is awful...I am so saddened by this...
    Fills me with anguish to imagine the weeks of suffering they endured....
    I think this man should perish in the way he allowed these poor animals to die....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More dogs have since died at the same facility! How crazy is that?

      Delete

I love to hear from you! :)