Monday, January 23, 2012

Yarn Lovers Dreamcatcher

I came across a lovely dreamcatcher on Etsy that I would love to own but sadly it was way out of my price range.  So I did the next best thing...I created my own version of it.  Lets give credit where credits due here...take a look at the original.  The etsy one is simply a work of art!  Here is my much smaller version...


I used a combo of ribbon, yarn and lace to create this.  It's now hanging over my bed.  I love it!  So does my kitten Ruby...I'm a little worried she's going to tear it up!  ;)  
Maybe I should just call it a cat toy?  




6 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! I love the rustic look and that you customized it for you. Sometimes that is the best option, especially to stay within your budget. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I'm all about the budget these days. ;)

      Delete
  2. The original is beautiful...but I believe this is equally so!!

    It's amazing what suddenly becomes a cat toy, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...in my house, everything belongs to the cats!

      Delete
  3. This is so amazing! I tried to make a dream catcher the other day but failed miserably! I salute you. I want one so bad but don't want to dish out the money either. Perhaps I will have to give it another go, you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I hope you do...I'd love to see it! :)

      Delete

I love to hear from you! :)