Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday slump

It's been a rather slow weekend, craft-wise.  I haven't been feeling inspired to make anything new.  Instead I started a few more sets of rice filled hand warmers.  Here they are, not quite finished!


I also tried out my fabric wrapping on wire hangers as opposed to the plastic I used last time (seen here)  I think I like it better this way.  What do you think?


Have you ever had one of those days where you feel all your energy has mysteriously disappeared?  That's how I've felt since Friday.  I have no desire to do anything but lounge in my warm bed watching movies.  Sometimes I feel that my home is responsible for my lethargy...especially when it needs cleaned!  I know I always feel refreshed and creative when surrounded with order and beauty so I guess it makes sense to feel the opposite when surrounded with mess.  I managed to tidy up a bit this morning and I'm thinking I need to smudge too.  Do you smudge your space on a regular basis?  I feel that it clears the air of any negative vibes that have accumulated over time.  I typically use sage first to dispel the negative energy and then follow it up with sweetgrass to attract the positive...

This bundle is made from rosemary and lavender...I think it's beautiful...the woman who makes them says it's cleansing and purifying...


What do you do to help yourself get out of a creative slump?

4 comments:

  1. My house needs a cleansing. I mean it's fairly clean but there is obviously some negative energy flowing. I have sage but not sweetgrass. As far as getting myself out of a slump that's not always easy. Sometimes if I clean one room I get on a roll and before you know it I'm finished and find myself in a much better mood and able to enjoy the rest of the day. Knowing you will wake up to a clean house is also inspirational! I hate this saying, but "just do it".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a clean house definitely helps. Going for a walk or to a pretty place out in nature is always inspiring. Listening to good music and watching whimsical, magical movies helps too. I hope you feel more inspired and energized this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather!!

    Okay...I took your advice and switched to Chrome....so I'm heeeeeree!! Can you tell I've missed you?!

    I'm sorry to hear you're in a bit of a slump. I definately get that way when I have nagging issues to attend to. I'd rather tell myself I just need a nap to refresh, and I'll tackle it afterwards....and after I take the nap....I still don't feel like doing anything :0(

    Some upbeat music helps sometimes, but usually, I just need a swift kick in the pants to just do it already....then I can be as lazy or as productive as I want without feeling guilty, and fully enjoy whatever I choose. Sometimes this process takes days...haha! I procrastinate in all things...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Cameron! Boy I've missed you! :)
    I think the creative block is on it's way out! Oh...I'm a procrastinator as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)