Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday Love

Ahhh Saturdays, how I love you!  I get to sleep in, lounge around the house, spend time with the fur-kids, and even craft.  What's not to love, right?  
This morning I decided to finally make some of these super cute hand warmers.  I used some sleepy owl fabric, stitched them up on my White, and filled them with rice.  Now all I have to do it pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds and I will have toasty warm hands!  



Ruby made it very difficult for me to sew. She thought it was great fun to attack my foot as I was pressing the foot pedal!  Silly kitten.  


I distracted her with Tibet's tail.  She had a blast attacking it (Tibby didn't enjoy it quite as much).  :)  


This is the hat I knitted last week.  Sadly, due to my extreme knitting laziness, it doesn't fit right.  It's all about the gauge and I didn't bother...Oh well...live and learn!  


Random shot of my vanity.  I adore the cat (one of a set) and the owl ashtray (re-purposed as a jewelry holder).


I love my dream catcher.  I finally moved it to over my bed last weekend.  


A very sweet  friend, Nick, sent me this adorable solar owl for Christmas/Birthday.  She looks super cute in my flower bed!  


I love starting my day with a Starbucks coffee.  It's even nicer when they include a cute message!


I love love love lighting candles in the evening.  Don't you?


It was so pretty last night.  I had to go out and snap a picture of the view from my yard.  The full moon is nearly upon us!  :)  


Have a great Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. Hey love this post. Your knitted hat is cute, even if the gauge is wrong. I almost never check the gauge when I knit. I am a lazy knitter, I admit it. Also, love the gloves your wearing. Did you make those, super cute?? The hand warmers, holy moly, what an awesome idea. I definitely need to make some of those. My hands are always freezing. And cute kitties...love cats, they're great companions.
    Nice to meet you! Have a groovy weekend! :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! No, I got those gloves at Whole Foods. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about kittens! I'm working on some felt projects....and Sally actually ate a small felt circle I was going to use as an eye...
    ...don't even get me started on the string :D

    I love that owl ashtray...and your candlelighting ritual. It does make everything feel so much more relaxed and welcoming to have candles on in the house.

    Can't wait to see more craftiness from you....because you so lovely, indeed....heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoooh cute handwarmers! I saw a pair at a cute little alternative bookstore the other day and just about died of happiness. I'm going to have to get better with my knitting or learn to crochet!

    Love the dreamcatcher, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be a really bad knitter...I couldn't read a pattern...didn't even know how to make ribs! Then I became unemployed and had a lot of time on my hands. I improved drastically after that. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)