Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lovely Day

I just love the weekends, don't you?  Friday nights are the best part in my opinion.  I get to unwind at Starbucks for a few hours and then head home, knowing I have the next two days to do whatever I want.  Bliss!  

Last night I tidied up my sewing area.  This handmade shelf (I use the term lightly...it's just two old crates stacked) sits at the back of my sewing table.  It's always changing, evolving.  Whatever I find inspiring finds its way here!  Right now there is a postcard from Violetbella (I've always adored this photo), an interesting stone (my friend said it's called a lightening rock but I don't know if that's true or not), and a hand knitted washcloth...


I finished up several orders I've been working on.  I decided to utilize my vintage typewriter in making this tag...
I love how it turned out...very rustic!  


Made a few more coordinating snack packs!  


It was a busy night!  :)  

Here's my soul mate, Tibet.  This is the purse that cats love!  I don't know why....but for some reason it makes them happier than catnip!  :)  




What are you up to this weekend?

8 comments:

  1. aw :) i want a vintage typewriter too! btw, my first turntable i thrifted for $5. had it for a long time - but then i found my current one. and jumped at the opp to snatch it and have been working on my vinyl collection ever since. i'd say, totally invest in one..!

    http://theymaysaythatimadreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome deal! I just love finding thrifted treasures. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes lightning rocks are so cool! They're rocks that have been fractured by bacteria and then filled with calcite from water running through the ground. So it makes the cool white on dark pattern. Sorry, I am a nerd who loves rocks! Tibet is precious, and I really love the quilt he is laying on (I am assuming Tibet is a he, I don't actually know).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thanks for the lesson! :)
      Tibby is a boy...
      The quilt was a thrift find...I think I paid six bucks. It's one of my favorite things...looks like it's maybe from the 70's judging from the fabric used...

      Delete
  3. My cats love shoes....especially my Husbands. We joke that it's because his are the stinkiest...haha! In truth, we think it's because they have all kinds of outdoor smells on them :)
    I love that you are making lots of orders...heehee! Keep at it...I can't wait to see what's in store...get it?! I'm a pun-lover....much to my Hubby's dismay!

    I want to have a place to display my latest fave things. Yours is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are silly! How's your kitten doing?

      Thanks! Love the pun! :) I got a few things up..it's a start...I'll be hard at work this week so I will be adding more very soon! :) Thanks for the love Cameron!

      Delete
  4. She's double her size and tripled in energy ;P
    She's a riot....and the sweetest little buddy to Maggie.
    Right now, she's sleeping behind me on my chair while I'm sitting on the tippy tip edge typing this. Spoiled little princess...haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how quickly they take over your home and your heart, isn't it? :)

      Delete

I love to hear from you! :)