Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Retrospective

How was your holiday?  I got to travel home and spend it with friends and family.  I arrived in WV on Saturday and got to hang out with my sister and parents before everyone else arrived.  It was good to just have some immediate family time.  We are so spread out now that it's difficult to get together.  Sadness!  I was surprised to see my lovely sister in glasses...she rarely wears them.  I think she looks gorgeous!  


My cousin and her family showed up for a quick hello.  Mandy and I were inseparable when we were younger.  We spent summers together as kids and later on when we were teens we became best friends.  We shared everything, including clothes.  Lol. 


The men folk chatting it up...


My sister and her husband opening gifts...


My cousin's son, Cole.  Isn't he a cutie!  We took a picture together but Zoe felt left out!  Crazy dog.  :)  

Cousins...


My Uncle Mike...he was like my second Dad when I was growing up...


My Aunt Carol with my Mom and little Cole...


My Mom always has a beautiful tree.  This year my crazy mutt Zoe ate the popcorn off the bottom half of the tree!  


Later that day, I visited with my friend Channon and her two children.  Aren't they super cute?


Little Katie-bug had fun opening the gift I brought her.  Of course the wrapping paper is always more fun then the actual gift!  :)  


BFF's...


My sister's cat Maya.  She's not a huge fan of mine.  She prefers to hiss and growl at me for some reason...even though I'm the one who saved her from a life on the streets!  Maybe she doesn't enjoy being reminded of her ghetto beginnings?  ;)  Silly girl!


I ended up with an unexpected gift...the little grey fluffball in the background.  Her name is Ruby (named after the demon Ruby on Supernatural).  She's a sweet little purr-girl who loves to follow me about the house!  I'm terrified I'm going to step on her!  She blends into the carpet!  


More kitten loveliness....


How did you spend your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful holiday!!! Family, fun...and the cutest felines! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)