Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day to Day...

I spend the majority of my week tending to this little guy.  Isn't he a handsome fellow?  If I ever am lucky enough to have a little one of my own, I can only hope that he or she would be as wonderful as little R.  He makes my soul smile.  


I went thrifting with a friend of mine last weekend.  I picked up a new (to me) brown cardigan.  I've developed a thing for brown cardigans.  I'm calling it my Mr. Rogers phase.  


My Zoe is a special girl.  She's got a new admirer...my brand new next door neighbor.  He just loves her.  It's so cute.  :)  


I've been experimenting with some new recipes in the kitchen.  This one is a Tamarind BBQ Tempeh and Yams dish from Isa Chandra Moskowitz.  I served it over brown basmati and it was divine!  I prepped it the night before and popped it in the oven when I got home.  An hour later I had dinner on the table.  I love easy meals like this!


This is my new comfort food.  It's a Asparagus and Sun-dried Tomato Frittata...made with tofu (not yucky eggs)!  It's the perfect meal...and I often eat it for dinner.  Breakfast for dinner is the best, isn't it?  



5 comments:

  1. That's a pretty picture of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scarf in that picture! It sounds like things have mellowed out some for you....I'm so glad :-D

    ...yummy food and thrifting are 2 of my all time faves....Mr Rogers never looked so good...heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks anonymous!

    Cameron, things are quiet on the home front for now. Fingers crossed things stay that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your comment over on my blog about going vegan. My friend Morris is the only vegan I know at all, so hearing some support from the web community really helps. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. You are beautiful!
    2. I want to come over and eat your food.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)