Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Very Good Day

I got quite the surprise Saturday morning. My best friend from childhood came for a spur of the moment visit!  She brought her little girl, Kate, too!  


We had such a great time!  We went for Indian food for lunch, did a little shopping, and wrapped up our day with coffee.  

Little Katie-bug is a real charmer.  She's one of the most pleasant, happy-go-lucky girls I've ever met.  She loved our girl time!


This visit is just what I needed to cheer me up after all the sadness I've experienced lately.  Thank you so much for giving me the best weekend I've had in a really long time!  I love you Chan!  


After they went home I decided to get down to business.  I rearranged my entire living room to make room for the holiday tree. This year I put my artificial tree to use.  I typically alternate between a real and artificial tree.  I do prefer the real thing but the mess of pine needles discourages me from having one every time!  I so hope to find a silver tree one year.  It's my dream.  Until then, the white one will do!  


Some of my favorite (cat proof) ornaments...




I try to use non-breakable ones, just in case.  My Mom has so many beautiful antique bulbs...I know she would give me some...but I'm afraid they would get broken in my house!  You can see what I mean in this next photo!  



Miss Camille loves to perch in the tree!  It's her favorite place.  She's so cute that I don't have the heart to reprimand her!  I decided long ago (since I don't really have a choice anyway) that the tree exists solely for the cats pleasure.  :)  

3 comments:

  1. Looks like she's annoyed that you've waited all year to put her cat tower back up :)
    I love to see pics of you smiling!
    So glad you had a great girls' day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day! I hope many more spur of the moment visits are in our future. I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does love her tree!

    Thanks Chan, me too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)