Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday

It has been such a lazy day.  I stayed in my jammies til early afternoon!  I love days when I get to do that...they are too rare.  

I'm out of quick and easy breakfast foods (cereal!) so I tied on my festive Hoot-n-Annie apron...


and whipped up some old fashioned baking powder biscuits.  There's something so satisfying about kneading dough and rolling it out to create something so tasty!

Later I looked through some of my old childhood books:  Socks, Jo's Boys and Nancy Drew...


I adore the old  illustrations in these books!


I managed to get a lot done this weekend.  My sister came for a short visit yesterday...so we got to spend some much needed time together.  I hate how my whole family is so spread out.  It doesn't seem right that I can't walk in the next room and see my sister any time I want.  Being an adult isn't all that it's cracked up to be!  

I spent several hours last night cleaning my messy bedroom.  This is something I've put off for many many months!  Not a pretty sight, I can tell you!  I think I've tamed the savage beast for now.  Whew!  

Something really sad happened yesterday.  I lost my little rat girl Petunia.  She'd been sick for about a week or so...she had a gross infection that did her in despite antibiotics.  She's finally at rest now and no longer in pain, thank goodness.  Her sister, Violet, has been acting very sad all day.  I don't think she likes being alone.  Poor girl.  :(

This is the hardest part of loving animals.  Of loving any living creature, really.    


3 comments:

  1. I'm sad for Petunia. Violet must feel totally alone without her sisters. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...poor babies...Petunia and Violet, both :(
    I'm sorry for your loss, Heather....

    Those biscuits look absolutely wondeful...what a nice thing to do for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)