Friday, November 11, 2011

American Pie

I was feeling Martha Stewart-y this week so I tried my hand at baking a pie from scratch.  This was inspired by a new cookbook called Vegan Pie In The Sky by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. For my first attempt I made the Cosmos Apple Pie.  Now I've made pies before but I always used a store bought crust.  This time I made one myself.  If  I had had any idea that this was what I've been missing, I would've whipped out my rolling pin sooner!  The crust is perfect...light and flaky and vegan buttery tasting.  Divine...sigh.  Visually I don't think my crust looks that great but I figure with practice, I will get better results.  :)  



What's your favorite pie?  

2 comments:

  1. OMG....are you kidding? That crust looks delicious! Rustic...like a true homemade pie! I do love apple....dutch apple...with that crumble topping is on my mind now that you've started me on pies...
    I do love a creamy pumpkin, too....yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)