Monday, September 19, 2011

Yes Virginia, there are fat people.

I'm not a small girl.  Anyone who knows me or who follows this blog knows it.  It's plain to see.  I eat fairly healthy (yes I have a Starbucks coffee addiction, but other than that) and I stay active chasing kids around all day.  For whatever reason, being slender just doesn't seem to be in the cards for me.  So I refer to myself as "Goddess shaped" or "Rubenesque" or even "curvy".  On a bad day I just think "full figured" or even "fat".  However you view me, does the word "pregnant" ever enter your mind???  Apparently for one employee at a clothing store in WV, it did!  She looked at me and said "expecting a baby aren't you?"  I looked at her with astonishment and simply replied "no". Now you would expect in such a scenario that the offender would apologize or at least have the grace to look embarrassed, right?  Not in this case!  Her response was "Oh really?"  said with derision.  DERISION.  As in "how dare you and your fat a** offend me by showing your face in my dressing room".  Wow.  Just wow.
So to the old bag in that WV dressing room I say,  screw you. I will be who I am.  I will not apologize for a single pound. Just because someone is bigger than you think they should be does not mean they aren't worthy of respect!
And to quote Queen:  "Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round".  So there!



         

5 comments:

  1. Total lack of class that she even asked that! Even if she thought for a fact it was true!
    Wow is right!

    You are right not to apologize...not to her, not to me....and especially not to yourself....you are wonderfully Goddess shaped ( and minded ;P)

    HUge, plump ass hugs from me to you....I haven't changed my profile photo for a reason...haha!
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you well know, in this area there is a lot of ignorance. What makes it worse is that often it is chosen ignorance. A similar thing happened to me before I lost weight. Comments then changed from, "When's your baby due?" to whispers behind my back, "Is she anorexic?". There is no excuse for such blatant rudeness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I left a comment here? No?
    Did I say something iffy?
    or did I just think I left a comment in my usual sleep deprived state? ;P

    If it was something iffy...let me know what I said so I can apologize...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Cameron! You didn't say anything wrong. I just have to approve comments before they post to my blog...and I haven't been online for several days. So it was just my slowness holding up the process! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, I keep forgetting that...haha! I told you I'm sleep deprived ;P

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)