Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bad News!

Thursday evening on my way home from work I got into a car accident.  It was absolutely terrifying!  My Subaru's front end is smashed up and the radiator (which I had replaced a little over a month ago) is leaking.  I'm not hurt (other than a constant headache since it happened and minor body aches).  So that's the good news.  The bad news?  The guy responsible is uninsured, so the repairs fall on me.  I have to come up with a $250 deductible and my insurance rates are going to go up. To top it all off, I don't have rental car coverage.  I'm broke so I can't just afford a rental indefinitely.  This is such a stressful situation!  I got a message from the body shop yesterday saying they estimate it will take 1 week for every 1,000 dollars of damage.  They don't have a cost estimate yet but based on my best guess, I think I may be without a car for 3 or more weeks!  Sorry to unload all this on here but I am just feeling so overwhelmed and helpless.  
So because of all of this, I may not be able to post on here as often as I would like!  Take care friends!  Drive safe and make sure you add uninsured motorists to your insurance if you don't already have it!  

2 comments:

  1. Aww, Heather...
    I'm soooo sorry to hear this, Hun!!!

    I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt, but what a huge burden to deal with :(
    I hope that guy gets his license revoked for driving without insurance!!!

    I'm so sorry....
    I'll be thinking about you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cameron. It's a crappy situation and I'm pretty sad to lose my lovely Subaru. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)