Thursday, August 4, 2011

Zoo Fun!

I've been going to the Columbus Zoo regularly over the summer.  I just love spending time watching the animals (and sometimes petting them).  


The flamingo's are always a favorite.  They are pretty friendly and I'm starting to get to know some of them (the one we visited with today is scared of strollers)!  



It's fun to watch all the little kids get squirted by this moving dinosaur!  

Flying Foxes are really neat. 


The elephants were not interested in posing for me!  :)


This girl is so beautiful!  When we first approached her she was sleeping on her back with her paws in the air!  


Wonder what this guy is thinking about?  


Australia is always a nice stop!


We got so close to this sleeping kangaroo!  I think he was dreaming because he kept jerking in his sleep (like dogs do).  



I love feeding the lorikeets.  At one point I had half a dozen of these birds perched on me!  

Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun Zoo! I haven't been to one with flying foxes yet!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)