Monday, August 15, 2011

Vintage Love

It's no secret that I love all things vintage.  However I do seem to gravitate towards the 60's and 70's when it comes to decorating my kitchen and living room.  Here is my newest owl.  He's a handsome fellow!  It's hard to tell from the picture but he is made entirely out of yarn!  Very whimsical.  :)  


Owls and mushrooms, two of my favorite themes!  Here is a 1970's bread box!  It goes so well with the mushroom canisters I bought months ago.  This thing is so lovely...it has plenty of drawers and space.  It even has hooks on the back in case I ever want to hang it.  So handy!


So on to my new favorite thing!  This adorable avocado green and cream vintage typewriter.  :)  It's a Royal Sabre (from the 60's).  It's in good working condition, just needs a new ribbon.  I love love love it!  I found a neat tutorial on making typewritten fabric labels here.  I can't wait to give it a try...but I will have to order a new ribbon first!  ;)




3 comments:

  1. I love mushies and owlies, too! Those items are soooo cute!
    Can't wait to see the ribbon when you give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style! I have a really old Royal that I'd love to find ribbon for too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leslie! I found some places online that sell the ribbons (approx $25 for 3).

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)