Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Busy

What a busy week!  I've been having actual withdraw from not blogging more often.  :(  Let me fill you in on what's been going on!
I joined yet another swap over at Swapbot.  This one is a knitted washcloth swap.  I made a lovely basket weave in an organic cotton.  It's so soft, I sort of want it for myself!  :)  


What's a week without a stop by the thrift store?  Here are my latest treasures!


A crocheted afghan in shades of green and white.  


This adorable vintage chair that I've had my eye on for some time.  It's so comfortable, however the cats refuse to let me sit on it.  It has become THEIR chair!  



Cute bird on a limb wall hanging.  

I love this fabric.  It's actually from that dress I scored at Goodwill a few weeks ago.  


On Sunday I went to the zoo with a friend of mine.  I love the kangaroos.  They are always laying around, not doing much of anything.  This one however decided to sit pretty for the camera!


This guy is my favorite of all the kangaroos.  He's always so cool.  ;)


These little penguins always remind me of the children's book "And Tango Makes Three".  If you haven't read it, you should!  It's about a "gay" penguin couple (Roy and Silo) who want a baby.  Their keepers give them an egg to hatch.  Cute story (and it's based on a true story).  


Lazy day for the tigers!


Today was R's first day back to school.  I had about ten minutes to come up with something to mark his first day of 3rd grade.  So he got some chocolate dipped strawberries and a little construction paper love!  He smiled and said "cool".  What more could a nanny ask for?  

2 comments:

  1. Lots of fun things in this post! That washcloth is beautiful :)

    I've actually read that book...I didn't know anything about it when we picked it to read in the library...who woulda thought that not just humans could make great dad duos?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)