Saturday, July 16, 2011

Let Them Eat...PIE!

Today was one of those days where I felt like a 50's housewife.  The kind of day where I took great pleasure in cleaning, organizing and baking.  I didn't want to leave the house!  

I had plans this evening that required a pie....so I made a peach one! I typically just buy those ready made crusts at the store but today was different. Today called for a homemade crust!  

I didn't feel like messing with a flaky crust so I made a much simpler shortbread crust.  



Mmmmm....peaches!


I adore my festive melamine measuring spoons!  :)


I found these nifty little bag caps.  They are perfect for messy things like powdered sugar!



Vintage pie crust tool.  I didn't need to use this today but I just had to include a picture because it is so cute!

The pie, prior to baking...


and the pie after baking.  



It was beyond delicious and a big hit!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! :)