Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fourth Fun!

My sister and I traveled to our hometown to spend some much needed time with our parents.  We went on a picnic at lovely Mountwood Park.  We did it up vegan style since everyone is either vegetarian or vegan.  We all chipped in  with recipes (I made vegan mac salad), Whole Foods pies (Thanks Kelly) and my Mom's cole slaw (among other things).  The food was delicious and the company was delightful! I brought along little Lola, my chunky chihuahua.  She was such a good girl!  She spent the afternoon lazing at our feet and accepting choice tidbits of vegan hot dogs.  :)  


I was fascinated by textures that day.  I took a lot of  photos of really random things...


My sister and I braved the crawdads for a cooling wade in the creek.  It was so refreshing...even more so for Kelly since she fell in!!!  :)


We all enjoyed some time on the playground.  Kelly and I got to swing!  I don't think I will ever outgrow swinging!  My Mom even went down the slide a time or two!  I think we are all just kids at heart!



I snapped a few flower photos...even got one of a busy little bumblebee!

On one of my walks I ran into a friendly little chipmunk.  He sat quite still for over a minute.  He must've known I wanted to admire his beauty!  


We had a really great day!
What did you do to celebrate the 4th?

6 comments:

  1. It was a fun day. I wish we could have more times like that together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a great day!! Nothing better then being a kid again & enjoy great food :D Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like a fairytale kind of day...along with flowers and animals to complete it. whata fun time! the pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)