Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rainy Days...

I love rain.  Especially the rain that comes from nowhere.  One minute, I was out enjoying the sunshine and the next it was raining and hailing!  I retreated to my living room (but not before getting hit with hail!) and snapped a few pics!



I finally decided what to make with my freshly picked strawberries:  strawberry freezer jam!  After a quick stop at the store for some pectin, I was ready!


I assembled the ingredients (freezer jars, sugar, berries, and pectin).


Washed the berries thoroughly!


Smashed the strawberries...that was the fun part!!!  :)


Mixed the sugar and pectin and then added the strawberries and stirred for 3 minutes.



Then I poured the mixture in the freezer jars and let sit (and thicken) for 30 minutes before freezing!  

I made freezer jam last year (on a much larger scale) and I couldn't believe how good it was!  It's so nice to have fresh tasting jam in the middle of winter.  I really like to use mine on homemade vegan english muffins!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! :)