Monday, June 6, 2011

Busy Bee!


Yesterday was a very busy day.  I was in full on project mode.  I started my day by finally putting my strawberry pot to good use.  


I assembled a collection of various herbs including rosemary, chocolate mint, tri color sage, mother of thyme, and lemon balm. 


Here's the completed pot.  This was my first time using a strawberry pot and I had some difficulties.  Most of my plants were too big for the tiny holes on the side.  I had to seperate the mint and lemon balms just to get them to fit.  I'm hoping that after my manhandling, they all survive!  



There wasn't room for the sage so I put it in it's own pot.  Probably a good idea since sage tends to grow pretty large.  


After that I took advantage of a friend's offer to pick strawberries at her house.  These berries are so delicious!  I want to make something but at this rate I will have them all eaten within a day or two!  Thanks Megan!  


Last night I was in a crafty mood.  So I whipped out the items needed to make a dreamcatcher.  


First I used ribbon to make a star shape in the center of the grapevine wreath.  I also strung a few wooden beads to fancy things up a bit.  


Finished up by hot gluing some festive feathers and added some dangling beads and a feather at the bottom.  


Not a traditional looking dreamcatcher, but I like it and that's what counts!  :)

5 comments:

  1. I love how you used the pot :) And those strawberries look DELICOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I bought that pot thinking I'd one day plant strawberries in it. But my yard is way too shady for berries. So...herbs....the next best thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dream catcher is huge!!! Yeah, it doesn't look like the conventional dream catcher but I'm quite sure it'll catch the most number of bad dreams due to its size! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having herbs in the garden always makes me feel like cooking more...haha! They look perfect in that pot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vivi, I hadn't thought of it like that! :) The grapevine wreath is only about 9 inches but for some reason the dreamcatcher looks really huge in the pics!

    Cameron, Thanks! I do plan on using them in my cooking. I've been trying to find good recipes that utilize chocolate mint.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)