Friday, June 10, 2011

Another Day...

My sister got back from her Honeymoon in Japan this week.  She sent me this cute postcard while she was there!  I get to see her for the first time since the wedding on Sunday.  She's bringing me a souvenir...gotta say I'm pretty excited to see what it is!  :)
You can also see the scarf I'm working on...I love the yarn...it's made from bamboo!  


This adorable macrame owl started his life back in the 70's as a necklace.  I find him a bit too large for my jewelry tastes so he's enjoying a second life hanging on my rearview mirror.  He "hippies" up my car!  :)


This is the formica topped table that my Mom gave me.  I loved this table from the first moment I laid eyes on it.  It's a light gray and has brightly colored flowers all over.  When she first bought it, it came with 4 festive chairs.  Over the years, the chairs eventually gave out (guess we were too hard on them).  So I'm making do with some cute little teal plastic chairs for now.  I'm so excited to have this table!  Maybe now I will actually use my breakfast nook.  Or maybe not.  Being single, I find it weird to sit down at a table for meals.  I usually eat in the living room while watching a movie or reading a book.  My dirty little secret!  ;)  Do any of you single gals actually use your table for eating?  


Here are those darling canisters I picked up last time I went to my hometown for a visit.  I'm not actually using them to hold anything though.  They aren't airtight so the naughty little ant invaders would totally get in!  


I love having a window above the kitchen sink.  Until I moved here, I never had this.  It definitely makes doing dishes a little easier to take!


This happy guy smiles down on me every day!  

I finally got off my bum and started cleaning my house today!  I don't know why I get into these weird funks where I don't want to clean or cook or even do crafts!  One of my little tricks is to set a timer for ten minutes and just start cleaning (I think this comes from the Fly Lady book but I'm not sure).  Usually by the time those ten minutes have passed, I find myself in the mood to do more.  It's not totally foolproof but it works for me more often than not.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Look at the view out your window! Omg...that is gorgeous!

    I feel that way about cleaning frequently...haha! Especially when everyone is home from school, like my teacher Hubby and kid are right now. It seems like such a waste of energy to make things just so, only to have it all messed up again...haha! Much easier to complain how messy everything is and go hide in my craft room :D

    Have a great weekend, Heather!
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have all those trees to look at!

    Lol. I don't have anyone to blame for the mess but myself! I think its great that you have a craft room so you can hide away when you don't want to clean! :)

    Hope your weekend is good as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)