Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Home

Lately I've been feeling like I should be on summer vacation!  I know it's just because school is almost out for the year.  I miss the carefree days of being a child with the seemingly unending summer months spread out before me!  Don't you?  

For some reason, summer makes me feel like a homebody.  I want to nest!  Rearrange furniture, sew, knit, garden and play with my fur kids.  So that's what I've been doing this past week!



Tibet and Freya enjoying the painted wood floors.  The kitties just love lounging on them now.  I wonder if it feels cool to them?  I'm sure it feels better than that old carpet, especially on hot days!


I love this crazy lamp more every day!  I also love my vintage monkeypod leaf bowl!


I can't remember the designer of this bowl...it's driving me crazy!  I'm pretty sure it's from the 1970's though...Notice Spike in the background?  He's such a camera hog!


Whole Foods has the best bags!  :)  This may be my favorite yet!



Vegan marshmallows!  Yum.  These are my downfall.  Too bad Whole Foods rarely has them in stock.  Hopefully they get more in before my big camping trip this summer!  


Because of the (nearly) never ending rain lately, my street has been flooded.  A mallard and his mate has taken up residence.  I see them every single day.  They are super cute little quackers!  


What have you all been up to lately?  :)

4 comments:

  1. Gearing up for Summer round here, too...big deal, as Mags starts Kindergarten (as you know) and it's our last hurrah before getting used to having her in school 5 days a week for, like, forever :)

    I love your owl necklace, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she getting excited about starting school?

    It's such a nice warm day here, I'm thinking about starting my garden (finally)!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your bowl (love Spike's cameo!) and Whole Foods bag! Ithaca really needs a Whole Foods. Cute picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I adore that little vintage find.

    Whole Foods is awesome although it has this way of making me spend waaaaayyyyy more than I intend to! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)