Sunday, April 17, 2011

Thrifty Goodness!

I stopped by one of my many thrift haunts on Friday and came across so many treasures.  It's always difficult to narrow it down!  I found this darling little table for only ten bucks.  I love the curved corners and especially the clawed feet! 



I admit this is the reason I fell for this table!  
 I love owls so I couldn't pass up this silly little spoon rest!




I think I'm going to utilize this shelf in my kitchen!


I'm a sucker for wooden bowls!



This is what I have spent my entire weekend doing!  I started Friday night by sanding as much as I could.  At some point in this floor's history someone spray painted something directly on the floor!  So I had to deal with tons of white paint outlines!  Of course, Friday night I was still thinking I was going to stain and poly the floors.  If I had known I'd decide to paint them I could have spared myself all that time with the sander!  So here's a little comparison, a before/after pic:



Here it is after the first coat of paint.  I finished the second coat around 1:30 this morning.  Once it's all dry I will get more photos with my furniture back in place! 

3 comments:

  1. The floor looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Both for the great thrift finds and the floor (which I give you a double wow for!) Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the floor & the finds!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)