Monday, February 14, 2011

Kitchen Makeover

I wasn't a fan of the kitchen when I moved in. It's small, with limited cabinet space, and really ugly walls. Whoever lived here before me had a fondness for insect stencils and fruit border! I lived with it for well over a year until I finally couldn't take it anymore. Here's the before picture in all it's insect laden, peeling linoleum, fruit bordered glory:


My first step was to buy some yellow paint. It turned out much brighter than I expected! I don't like painting so I've learned to live with it! :) With the help of my good friend P we tore out the old linoleum and replaced it with wood laminate flooring. If I had it to do over again I would've went with a lighter wood. This dark stuff shows every speck of dirt. I honestly have to mop twice a day if I want it to look nice. Eh, hindsight and all that...right?


Overall though, I am happy with the changes I've made so far. :)

3 comments:

  1. It certainly is cheery with a COOL Retro vibe! I have white tile floors....I know...who would do that?!....and they show everything too! You just can't win when real life happens to a place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks so fresh & "happy"! You did such a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)