Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Photo A Day- Jan 24 and 26


That's right folks...I missed the 25th! No one's perfect right? With the week (or two) I've been having it's not surprising that I haven't been in a picture taking mood. You see, I've been suffering from insomnia off and on for the past year. Lately though the universe has decided to kick me while I'm down by making me experience night after night after night of little to no sleep. It's catching up to me that's for sure. Today while trying to make some mac and cheese I somehow managed to set the oven mitt on fire! That takes talent, I know. Lame attempts at pyromania aside, I've find myself having difficulty focusing and I'm irritable beyond belief. Weirdest side effect? I find myself NOT BLINKING for long periods of time. In an attempt to find some online advice I came across the standard suggestions: No caffeine after 1 pm, no naps during the day, hot bath 2 hours before bed, light stretching before bed and so on. Ok...I've done these things but alas they didn't do the trick. There were also questionable home remedies such as ingesting ground nutmeg or controlled breathing techniques. I ended up relying on OTC sleeping pills. Didn't help. Big surprise there.

Enough.

Here's are the pictures I snapped:

Vanilla Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting.

Blogging away...



2 comments:

  1. Hope your able to sleep better tonight. I remember hearing that a glass of warm milk is supposed to make you sleepy. I don't know if it works but might be worth a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I didn't. Got all of two hours last night. I don't have any trouble falling asleep...I just can't stay asleep. I don't know if that has the same effect when you drink almond milk but I will try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)