Monday, January 31, 2011

TMI?

Over at Delightfully Tacky, I noticed that she was doing a "reality check" post. I thought it was a cute idea so I'm copying her! Hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? ;)

~I am not a morning person. It's probably a good thing I live alone because I despise when people talk to me when I first wake up. I need coffee and some "me" time before I can deal with others (nicely, anyway)!

~I have baby fever. That's right. I want a little one and despite many attempts I have not gotten my wish. I see pregnant people everywhere and it drives me crazy! Wanna know my sad little secret? I already have baby clothes! I can't seem to resist buying them.

~When I was a little girl I was playing outside with a new toy. This neighborhood kid came over and tried to take my toy. I held it up over her head trying to keep her away from it and she bit me! She latched on and dangled from my arm. To this day, I still have teeth mark scars in my arm.

~I truly enjoy going to movies alone. I'm not sure why. I think it's just a nice way to spend the day. Me, a bag of popcorn, and a movie...who could ask for anything more?

~I enjoy eating takeout in bed. The last time I did this I wasn't paying attention and I pushed too hard on the lid to my chutney. Needless to say it exploded! I had chutney dripping from my hair, off the wall, and all over my bed. It was freakin' hilarious!

~I haven't eaten meat in over ten years. In fact, the last time I did was by mistake. I had gotten takeout cheese sticks and marinara from the bar across the street from my apartment. I was doing my whole "takeout in bed" thing with the lights out b/c I was watching a movie. I took a huge bite of the marinara only to find out it was MEAT sauce. Vomiting ensued.

~My sister and I used to share an apartment in a very colorful building. We gave everyone nicknames. There was Crazy Sex Man (CSM for short) he enjoyed hiring hookers. I kid you not. There was Seizure Man. He had weekly seizures. I lost track of how many times we had to call the ambulance for him. Cigarette smoking man, well that name speaks for itself. Crazy cat lady...she had about ten cats in her apartment (I'm the crazy cat lady now...lol). Then there was Crazy Sherine. She was a crackhead (and my downstairs neighbor) who liked to accuse me of moving furniture in the middle of the night (when I was really asleep). She ended up overdosing and was dead in her apartment for days before anyone found her. Crazy stuff!

~When I was a little girl I wanted to be a vet when I grew up. Then my aunt told me I would have to stick my hand up horses butts. That put an end to my dream!

~I never go barefoot in my house. I always wear flip flops. Of course when you have cats it only makes sense. The first time you step in a cold, mushy pile of cat warf you will see what I mean!




:)

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh I remember Sherine! I didn't know she had died though. She was batpoopie crazy. I still think that it was cool that I got to see the old morgue in your building. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE giving people nicknames... my best friend and I nicknamed everyone in college based on experience with them or appearance, just to differentiate and figure out who we were talking about. Love it, and miss her.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was nuts and she made me crazy. I wasn't sorry to see her go.

    Yeah, that was a cool old building. I miss the character of the place. The view was awesome too (in my 3rd floor apt..not the 1st floor one)!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)