Sunday, January 9, 2011

Marigold the Skunk

A few weeks ago Marigold escaped the house and spent a cold night outdoors. I tried to find her but with no luck. Early the next day I went out and searched the woods next to my house. I found her curled in a ball in the snow. She was nearly unresponsive and so cold. I brought her indoors and turned the heat way up. I wrapped her in blankets and laid her next to the heat register. She slept for hours. I didn't think she was going to make it but the next day she was up and moving around. She made steady progress after that. Now she is more ornery than ever! However one thing has changed. She no longer tries to bite me! She seems more loving and she even cuddled up next to me on the couch and fell asleep! I'm so glad she's ok!










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! :)