Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Glimpse of Home

I went thrifting recently and came across my very first cake stand! I love love love it!

During the same shopping trip I found this adorable little pot. It's one of my favorite colors and the little wooden handle is to die for! Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this look like a pot from the 70's?
This is my favorite pot holder ever! I never ever use it! It's for display only.
I love my kitchen window. The curtains with sunflowers on them, the African Violet which surprises me every time it flowers, the little bird decoration from Amish country...all of these things makes my heart smile.
My Mom made me this adorable toaster cozy out of a vintage kitchen towel. The addition of the red rick rack is so cheerful!
I finally broke down and organized a freestanding vintage cabinet into a linen closet. I love having my bedding so close at hand!

I consider this one of my favorite places. My bed is my nest. I feel safe and secure here, comforted. My childhood teddy, Freddy, rests against the pillows. This is THE place to be! :)

Thanks for taking a peek! :)
What's the best part of your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! :)