Monday, November 1, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

Happy World Vegan Day!

Today is just the beginning of a month long vegan awareness campaign. As many of you already know I have been vegetarian since 2001 and recently became vegan last year. Becoming vegetarian was a relatively easy transition for me but I had more difficulty with veganism. I'm not going to lie...it was hard giving up some of my favorite things (candy bars, Tim Hortons Iced Caps, Ben and Jerry's)...but I did it! I've found many great substitutes for my junk food cravings such as the cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero, Starbucks soy frappaccino's, and Turtle Mountain's Purely Decadent coconut milk ice cream. I do have a sweet tooth! ;)

My goal this month is to post daily vegan recipes or links to awesome vegan sites. :) I'd like to start off by offering this link for any of you who are interested in pledging to try a vegan diet for a week.
http://www.vegansociety.com/veganpledge/

Here's a great recipe resource to get you started:
http://www.chooseveg.com/vegan-recipes.asp

2 comments:

  1. I'm smiling at your conviction and giving you a virtual high five for being true to your beliefs!

    Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)