Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Flower Child


I went costume shopping yesterday and was dismayed by the total vulgarity of most of the costumes. Even the ones made expressly for juniors were awful! Who would let their 13 year old wear something so slutty? So my options were down to a prisoner (think black and white striped scrubs) or a vampire (of the non-sexy variety). I hated both so I started wandering the isles of the Halloween shop. That's when I stumbled on the most perfect costume for me. Ever.

Hippie Flower Child! Very cute and well made costume. Cost a pretty penny but I rationalize it by saying I will wear this costume for many more Halloweens. ;)

What are you going to be?

9 comments:

  1. Cute! I think I'm gonna be Little Red Riding Hood. I was gonna be a female Tom Servo, but I'm not sure I can find all of the parts I want to make the costume- maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I totally agree on slutty costumes for little girls. It's just WRONG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, you will ROCK that costume! ;)

    Lynette, thanks so much! I tried on a Dorothy costume just for kicks. It seriously showed my cheeks! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I never thought Dorothy was a ho! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, the costumes are awful. I am especially grateful I do not have a little girl. I am not going to be anything other than a mama! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter is going to be a Dalmation....seriously easy costume....just paint a bunch of black dots on white Thrift store clothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so good on you! You should wear it once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haylek, that's a great thing to be! :)
    Cameron, I love old school costumes. I was just talking with my sister about how when we were kids almost everyone wore handmade costumes!
    Kimberly, Thank you so much! I was telling my friend I love the dress so much that I would like to wear it all the time! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)