Saturday, September 4, 2010

Upcycling!





I've been admiring upcycled dresses on etsy lately, in particular Lucy Magnolia's shop. I decided to try my hand at upcycling. Keep in mind that this is the first time I've touched a sewing machine in years! I raided my closet for items that I no longer wear. I found an Old Navy tank top and a Forever 21 dress. I chopped off the tank under the bust line and cut the bottom off of the dress. I then pieced the two together and tried cinching in the waist a couple of different ways. First I used one of my skinny hand knitted scarfs, which can be seen in the first and last pictures. My favorite though is the oversized belt in the third pic.
I really enjoyed the process and I think I'll try this again soon.

Have you ever upcycled? :)

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks so cute! Makes me want to dust off my machine..haha! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I made another creation today. I think my stint of upcycling is over though. Hahaha. Ripping out seams is soooo not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have never tried it myself but have bought some great stuff from a store in toronto called preloved. love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great name! I love buying things secondhand. I tend to get my sheets at Goodwill...I find the silliest things there. Like the giant parrot sheet and the tic tac toe sheet set! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)