Saturday, September 25, 2010

Swap-Bot 5 Questions For My Blog Part Two


These questions come from Rhian!

  1. If you could own any mythical creature, what would it be and why?

    Definitely a unicorn. I have been fascinated with them since childhood!

  2. What is your least favorite clothing item?

    Probably shoes (unless we're talking flip flops...which I adore). Most shoes just feel uncomfortable to me.

  3. What is your favorite tarot deck to use?

    I love my Tarot for Cats deck. It's a whimsical deck that can be used to read your cat's cards (hilarious) and can also be used for human readings. The artwork is awesome!

  4. What tattoos do you have or want to get?

    I have a small butterfly above my left ankle that I got in my early twenties. I'm thinking about getting one more tattoo on the back of my neck.

  5. What one toy from your childhood do you wish you still had?

    I had a little Woodstock stuffed animal that I lost when I was a little girl. I would love to have him back. His loss was devastating to me. :(

2 comments:

  1. The Fattigman recipe you wanted to try. I notice you are vegan...guess I'm not to sure what that means...no animal products? So you might have to substitute some stuff.

    Ingredients:

    1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature

    1 cup sugar

    ½ teaspoon salt

    1 teaspoon baking powder

    2 tablespoons whipping cream or evaporated milk

    1 teaspoon ground cardamom or vanilla extract

    3 eggs, beaten

    4 cups flour

    Solid vegetable shortening heated to 350 degrees to deep-fry

    Powdered sugar for garnish

    Preparation:

    In bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add salt and baking powder. Add cream and flavoring. Add eggs and mix well. Gradually mix in flour. Dough will be slightly sticky but firm. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 2 hours or overnight.

    To prepare: Roll out a portion of the dough to 1/8- to ¼-inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut into strips about 1 inch wide. Then cut these strips on the diagonal, making diamonds about 2 ½ to 3 inches long. Repeat with remaining dough.

    Make a slit in the center of each diamond. Pick up the diamond and gently tuck one point of the diamond through the slit and pull just a bit so it looks attractive.

    Deep-fry in batches, 20 to 30 seconds per side. Pieces of dough will drop to the bottom of the pan, then pop back to the surface. When slightly puffed and golden brown, remove from pan with slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper. Sprinkle with powdered sugar while still warm.

    Note: An electric frying pan can be used. These taste best after they have mellowed for about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's what it means. I can substitute all the animal products you listed though. Thanks for the recipe! It sounds yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)